Friday, January 30, 2009

More cold weather

Here are more photos of our winter weather. We lost power on wednesday and it (thankfully) came back on, on thursday afternoon. I have now realized how much we take electricity for granted. Wednesday morning we woke up to a very cold house; our thermostat only goes down to 50 degrees and I'm sure we were well under that. There are so many people that not only do not have power (since tuesday) but also don't have water. Despite the disaster this ice/snow storm is causing for so many, the landscape here is unbelievably gorgeous. My photos don't come close to doing it justice.

Photobucket

This is the thick layer of ice that is covering everything.
Photobucket

Photobucket

All the trees are so weighted down with ice that they are bowing downward. So many of the trees can't hold the weight of the ice and just snap.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Can you see the two deer? Pretty good camo.
Photobucket

Kinda funny....
Photobucket

Photobucket


Trinity, this one's for you. His name is Snowball...later, Daisy ate him (see pictures below). I've never experienced frostbite, but I'm pretty sure Stoney and I had the beginning stages after making Snowball.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


If anyone can guess what kind of track this is, I will give you...a big hug the next time I see you. Leave your guesses in the comments section below.
Photobucket

8 comments:

Jessica said...

Hey Ali! You dad was showing me these pictures today at work. WOW! They are beautiful, and I'm glad that you guys got power back!

Daisy looks like she's having quite a good time!

Ivy Koehler said...

Okay cuz. Has anyone every told you that you're kinda a good photographer? No? Hmmm..go figure.

Okay simply beautiful pictures! I'm glad you are safe and please please please continue to be. I'm not sure who or what made those tracks (you know my sister is the outdoorsie one in the fam.) BUT look at you and your headshot clients!! They all look fabulous and we still owe each other a session! :)

I think I hear the next stop is Colorado..am I wrong? WHEN!?

Unknown said...

Ali! love these pics, even though I hate snow/ice... you made it look so pretty! It's crazy how much damage it caused, and I have no clue what animal made those tracks, but you can just tell me when I see you in like 10 minutes. :)

mattandpj said...

they must be daisy tracks...are we right???? thanks for the snowball pics. trinity was thrilled. LOVE and miss you all.
pj, matt & 3 girls

SusieGoodness said...

I think it is a deer! or a mountain lion

Alison Portis said...

they aren't Daisy tracks, or a deer, or a mountain lion...any more guesses?

Tiff said...

Bubba says it's a bobcat... or maybe they are Stoney tracks! Miss you guys, see you soon...oh, stay warm!

Anonymous said...

Your pictures are awesome! Love your blog.