Monday, September 21, 2009

A Wonderful Weekend

This past weekend my three best friends (since kindergarden!) came into Colorado Springs for the weekend. This was our annual get together that I talked about in the post below. After a couple flight delays, I picked Amy and Annie up from the Denver Airport and we met Corrie in downtown Denver at Osteria Marco. I highly recommend this restaurant, by the way.

We had such a great time this weekend catching up, eating great food, shopping....

On friday afternoon we got dressed up (Annie was our stylist), did our hair (thank you Amy) and makeup (Annie rocked out our makeup too), and then went to downtown Colorado Springs for a photo shoot. I got some great shots of my bff's and they got some of me too....yay! We ended our weekend with a delicious meal of bruschetta with heirloom tomatoes, roasted veggies from the farmers market, and mushroom lasagna . For desert we had peanut butter chocolate chip cookies with ice cream. While everything was in the oven, the girls were dying my hair. Yup...they decided I needed to go a little darker. I have gotten my hair dyed before, but it was IN A SALON! I was pretty nervous, but it went OK except for the part where Amy almost broke my neck rinsing my hair out. (All of the photos of me below are pre-darker hair...I'll have to get a post-darker hair photo up soon.)

I love these girls so much. Words can't describe how much it means to me to have such wonderful girlfriends; knowing that we will always there for each other...it's priceless.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

11 comments:

Amy Strecker said...

I LOVE IT! Even the unflattering jumping pictures are hilarious. ALB wins for the best super model pose. Maybe she really has been practicing like she claims!

Leslie said...

You guys are so beautiful! I want to come to CS for a photo shoot!

Unknown said...

Ali,

Looks like you ladies had a great time! The pics look wonderful, hope you're well!

Colin

Anonymous said...

How fun are you girls! So Anthropologie! Haha. You need to submit these for their catalog. I'm glad y'all had such a good weekend. Love ya. -Katye

Katye said...

Okay...so I can't blog! I'm not trying to be "anonymous". :)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that you ladies are still so close!!

The pictures are lovely =)

Amy, the pic of you by yourself is gorgeous!!

annemariephotography said...

ali...your legs are ripped! i see it in the jumping pictures :)

Shannon in KY said...

Alison you always have the best of times. Your pictures are always fantastic. Miss you.

Unknown said...

Priceless photos of four terrific young women! Best picture of Amy in years. The pictures capture the special spirit of the gathering. My daughter is blessed to have such friends as you!

Kent and Jenna said...

Beautiful! That's such a neat tradition of getting together every year. Miss you girls. ;)

Ivy Koehler said...

I'M OBSESSED.