Wednesday, October 14, 2009

October

So, since my last post, a lot has happened....Please pray for our soldiers and for the eight families of those who gave their lives.


Last week I was in DC for an AUSA (Association of the United States Army) Conference. A group of FRG (family readiness group) leaders from Fort Carson went to learn about new programs for our families and to share how our families are being supported or how they can be supported.

The most memorable part of our trip was the tour of Walter Reed. The soldiers we visited were just kids. They fought for you and I. Please remember all of our Soldiers daily in your prayers. They are out there defending our country for us. We can never thank them enough.

Our days were jam-packed with various meetings and sessions, but we usually had a little down time in the evenings. One evening we decided to see the sites of DC. I love this city.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey that place looks a little familiar... I think I've been there a few times lol! Love the pics at night- I don't think we have seen all the monuments lit up at night yet, something on our list of "to-do's" while we are here! Great pics!!

Anonymous said...

Ali, your pics are beautiful! they could be post cards!!!