Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Our house smells like Easter!

I love Spring. And with Spring, comes Easter. I also love Easter.

I decided to pick up some paperwhite bulbs from Summerland Gardens here in Colorado Springs about three weeks ago. It's a great gardening shop where you can find everything from plants, to jewelry, to paperwhite bulbs...the owner even keeps a rotating art gallery upstairs.

It is super easy to grow these bulbs. All you need is a pretty container, some rocks, and water. They will start growing in under a week, and flowering within two weeks. It kinda reminds me of an ant farm...but not...

The smell of paperwhites is a quintessential Easter fragrance, and it makes me very happy.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

3 comments:

tonni said...

Only you can make a picture of flowers moving... :) love this.

Unknown said...

beautiful pics! I really like those flowers, you have inspired me to to try to grow some- usually I kill anything I attempt to grow, but they sound easy!

Lauren said...

Love your blog! So sweet!

Feel free to check mine out also @: www.howiputthingsoff.blogspot.com