Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Finally...

...a new blog post!

So, I've been absent for a while...but with good reason. I have a ton of catching up to do, so here is my first post of catching up. Stay tuned. No promises, but my plan is to do one blog each day for the next month week (I should start with an attainable goal).

Many of you have seen these photos from Facebook, but for everyone else that hasn't, below are photos from one of the happiest days of my life! I am SO thankful to have my husband home. I still have to pinch myself to make sure I'm not dreaming. This deployment was tough. Thank you for all of your thoughts and prayers. The support has been amazing.

Please continue to keep those soldiers who are currently deployed in your prayers. If you don't know a soldier currently deployed, there are some fabulous websites that can help you with that. A big one is AnySoldier.com. They will match you with a deployed service member, give you ideas of what to send, tell you how to send your package, and where to send it. Even the simplest of items are greatly appreciated. Stoney has shared many stories of these boxes he and his soldier's received; little things that we often take for granted will make these soldiers week.

Photobucket
Waiting...trying to stay [somewhat] calm.

Photobucket
Here they finally come.

Photobucket
I could hardly contain myself as they walked in.

Photobucket
THERE HE IS!!!

Photobucket
Ready to run!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Complete again.

Photobucket
Stoney's sister, PJ, and cousin, Luke, came in for the ceremony. I'm so glad they were able to come to this joyous event.

Photobucket
My girls...I don't know what I would have done without them.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Beautiful photo.

Photobucket

WELCOME HOME, STONEY!!! I LOVE YOU!

A big thanks to Andrea Wags and Mary Beth for taking pictures for us. We will always treasure these photos.

3 comments:

Ivy Koehler said...

oh ya know...just scanning through this at 1:09am...choking up. UEHHSHHSGH. Glad I have the honor of having such a gorgeous cousin! Oh and Stoney ain't so bad I guess ;) Can't wait to see you in a few.

PS
we are HOLDING you to this commitment of blogging!

admin said...

I'm so happy for your hubby's safe return and that you are together again! You both look SOOOO happy! I'll check your blog more often for updates! Take care! Jackie

jlc said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE THESE!!!!!!