Sunday, May 10, 2009

To Texas and Beyond...

So we have finally made it to our new home in Colorado. Well, almost.
We have made it to Colorado Springs, but our current "home" is at the La Quinta Inn. We have spent the past few days getting a feel for the area, seeing different neighborhoods, and looking for houses. We have seen a ton, liked a few, and really liked a couple. We will be looking more tomorrow and will hopefully have found a house and signed a contract by the middle of the week. We're ready to have a home again, but I'm not complaining. It's great having a nice place to stay (Daisy included) with fresh, clean towels when we need them AND a continental breakfast. So far we LOVE Colorado and we are very excited to be here. Stoney and I feel like we're still on vacation. It is just so beautiful... I'm really looking forward to re-establishing Alison Portis Photography here ASAP. There are tons of great photo locations! My mind is filling up with some exciting new ideas!

Here are some pictures of our trip to Texas and some while at home. I have SO many posts to catch up on, so stay tuned!

Photobucket
These pics...Daisy sleeping in the car, the St. Louis Gateway Arch, Stoney and I in Boody (hah!...we thought it was funny), and my great friends Kate, Karissa, and (the cutest of all of us) Caitlyn.

Photobucket
We stopped at the Oklahoma City National Memorial and it just so happened to be the anniversary of the bombings. I have always wanted to see the Survivor Tree...The memorial was breathtaking and the tree was more beautiful than I could have imagined.

Photobucket
These are our nieces, Emory, Trinity, and Micah. I'm pretty sure we've got the cutest nieces in the world...if only I had a picture of Selah, the montage would be complete.

1 comment:

Shannon Hanson said...

Hey Alison,
Your Boody picture is to funny. I was cracking up.