Sunday, August 23, 2009

The Fam in Colorado Springs

So a couple weeks ago now, my mom and dad came into town for about a week. They drove up from Texas with a couple stops along the way (Marfa, Tx and Santa Fe). They stayed at our house in the Springs for a night and then I went with them to Estes Park for a mini-getaway. It was great. I hadn't been to Estes Park and Rocky Mountain National Park since I was little; I didn't really remember it at all. Then, there was my dad who remembered the exact spot where we listened to a park ranger talk about something or another probably over 20 years ago. He has a memory like a hawk...or is it an elephant...? ;)
When we got back to Colorado Springs, we met up with my grandparents who had just arrived to town. They drove all the way from Texas as well. I had a great time showing them around our new town. My grandparents stayed at Cheyenne Mountain Resort . If you are ever traveling to this area, I highly recommend this place. It is reasonably priced, and gorgeous. The lobby is a true work of great architecture. I had breakfast and dinner at the resort with my parents, grandparents, and my friend Kelly several times. It was fan-tastic! I can not explain how amazing the buffet and omelet bar was (especially after a long saturday run).
Thank you Mom, Dad, Gigi, and Pawpaw for coming to see me. I had a wonderful time and I hope you all did as well.
Love you!


Photobucket

Air Force Academy Chapel
Photobucket

We did a little photo session at Garden of the Gods. I don't think Gigi and Pawpaw were very excited about it, but they were great sports. Thank you.
Photobucket

Photobucket

This is classic Pawpaw.
Photobucket

Photobucket

My mom and dad. Aren't they cute?!
Photobucket

Photobucket

I just liked these pictures...Mom and I took a hike in the Park and came across a tree that had fallen over; these are photos of it's roots.
Photobucket

5 comments:

Ivy Koehler said...

Oh my gosh I love the Gigi and pawpaw pictures. Haha. My phone just corrected "paepae" to the real "pawpaw." amazing. What a great session you had with them and your parents! And by session I mean photo shoot AND time spent together! Jealous! Maybe I can plan a trip up this winter...

Robyn said...

I miss your family so much!! The pictures turned out great as usual!

Robyn said...

I miss your family so much!! The pictures turned out great as usual!

Shannon said...

Hey Alison. Isn't the Air Force Academy Chapel just awesome! Love the pics hope everything is going well.

Debie said...

Oh wow, you captured your family soooo well - I just love them! I remember going to a lot of those places when I was in high school - love it up there!