Sunday, August 2, 2009

AMAZING workshop

I got back home this past friday from an amazing workshop. I feel a little silly saying it was life-changing...BUT IT WAS! The workshop is called Love Affair. Four amazing women photographers put it on (see my post below). They are all incredible photographers, but more than that, they are incredible women. There were about 60 other ladies who attended the workshop and each of them were so talented. Sometimes when you get a big group of women together, things get a little competitive, maybe even kind of caddy; not with this group.

The workshop was based in the awesome W Hotel Midtown, Atlanta. It was oh-so sheek. As soon as we got to our rooms, there were welcome bags and fresh flowers waiting for us. There were so many little details that made our stay so special. Each day we had classes, learned SO much, watched the photographers shoot, learned SOO much more, did some of our own shooting with models, ate way too much great food, and then learned even more. I left the workshop with my brain packed so full of great information, I couldn't wait to come home and get started on all my new ideas.

Here are some of my images from this past week.
Thanks to our beautiful model.

The W Hotel Midtown.
Photobucket

The finale night par-taaay. They had an event coordinator that did a beautiful job.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The headpieces were made and provided by Joanne Miranda Designs.
Photobucket

Photobucket

I'm loving the off camera lighting!
Photobucket

Photobucket


The biggest thank you ever goes to my sweet, sweet husband, Stoney. THANK YOU STONE!

7 comments:

Carrie said...

hey alison! it was great to meet you last week at LA! i hope you are having a good week getting back into the swing of things. i am working on connecting you and my friend blaire!

Mr.Oszczyk's Brain Fart Catcher said...

Hey Ali! Awesome pics:) It's amazing looking back at when you first started this and where you've come to. You have obviously worked very hard at this and it is definitely paying off:) I'm so happy that Stoney sent you to this thing...good job, Stoney! We miss you guys!

Robyn said...

They look FABULOUS! Wow Ali, they are really great. I totally agree with Joe!!

myarborough said...

Ali! The pics are amazing! I am so proud of you! I wish I would have known you were in Atlanta, I would have come to visit! It is only about 3 hours from me. I can't wait until I can go to workshops that you put on!

MS Tonni said...

Girl, you are awesome!!!!! I cannot get over your skills! These picts really are amazing. What lens did you use for the building picture?

Amanda Scott said...

I love them!! Thanks Alison, you are awesome! (=

Ivy Koehler said...

ummm....obviously i have not checked in recently. My bad. And obviously these shots are so Vogue. FABULOUS. What a freaking talented cousin I have <3