Saturday, February 20, 2010

February: back in CO

After a long, fabulous time away from Colorado Springs, I am back in town. It's good to be back, and being back means it's that much closer to the time that Stoney comes home. I can't wait for both of us to be here, together!

On Valentine's Day I arrived back in Colorado Springs with my wonderful mom who made the drive from Texas with me. It was nice to spend Valentine's day with Mom and a great friend of mine, Andrea. Mom was able to hang around for about a day before flying back home.

Then, on Tuesday, my sister-in-law arrived for a visit with my three (ADORABLE!) nieces. She was here for the week, and we had a wonderful time playing in CS. I'm so happy they came to see me, Colorado, and the snow! Here are a few photos from the week. You can see more on PJ's blog. We had so much fun sledding down my driveway, going to the Denver Museum of Nature and Science, exploring Garden of the Gods, watching the Olympics (and a really old version of Cinderella), eating ice cream at my favorite ice cream shop in town (Josh and John's), and lots of playing. Here are a few snap shots for you.

I'm so glad you guys came, PJ, and I hope you all had a great time. I loved it!

Photobucket

Photobucket
This is Trinity hold up a really big rock at Garden of the Gods.

Photobucket
This is Micah pretending to be a mountain climber (I think there were some aspects of Micah's dinosaur in this pose as well).

Photobucket

Photobucket
Emory and Micah at the Denver Museum of Nature and Science.




It's been snowing here, of and on, for the last couple of days. There has also been some freezing rain...does anyone know why the ice forms this way? The tree does not have thorns normally. I'm sure I learned why this happens [way back when], but I don't remember.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Much love, and stay warm!

4 comments:

mattandpj said...

Ali!!! We had the best time. We miss you already. Can't wait to come back and visit. Love you, PJ

Anonymous said...

I am FAMOUS! I made the blog! WOO HOO!

Annie said...

Ali - such cute girls and great pictures. I'm glad you've gotten to see so much family!

Rachel said...

Ali, when I saw the ice on the trees like that I really wanted to take a picture of it, but knowing I stink at pictures I thought, "I should call Ali and tell her to! She's good!" Haha glad you were on top of that ;) -Rachel Bringhurst